1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Importing ESX multiple files

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by 9Lives, Feb 21, 2012.

1. 9Lives

9Lives New Member

Hi there!!

and also wondering when i import multiple files into a new instrument when i press add it just stacks all the samples on one note instead of spreading them across the keyboard so i manually have to go in and arrange them which takes forever. any clues how to import so that each sample is simply spread evenly along the keyboard??

many thanks

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

4. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

With respect to CSeye...
    There is a problem with loading multiple samples onto a single note as regards to mapping according to velocity.

However what 9lives wants to do is easy:
    Open the EXS (not ESX) Instrument Editor.
    Drag your samples into the checkered area ABOVE the keyboard - NOT onto a key.

You'll get a dialog where you can choose the starting note and how many keys to map each note to:

That should do it....
  5. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Yep. It does work when doing it that way.
  6. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Are you also able to use the Editor menu Zones View, Zone>Load Multiple Samples to bring up the same dialog box and with samples layed out as expected? The menu import functions works here.

Good point regarding dragging the samples onto the editor matrix vs to a key on the virtual keyboard which is what I did when exploring the import functions.

Again, I'm most familiar with Keymap but it's certainly very useful to have the built-in editor which I hope Apple keeps intact.

7. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

Sorry for the slow reply - hectic right now and can't test this.
    Keymap is really something, but a bit complex and daunting. I haven't spent enough time with it. Redmatica apps - all good stuff.
  8. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

No problem.

My use of Keymap is at a basic level: drag and drop samples, maybe creating an instrument with a few velocity layers, etc. (At some point I'll dig into the Harmonic Resynthesis which will "correct" intonation issues when I sample a very old Gibson bass to create an EXS24 instrument.)

So it's been a good exercise to delve into what's available in the EXS24 Editor. All very useful stuff.