Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indepentent Windows as in the early versions of logic

Discussion in 'Logic Wishlist' started by Costas, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Costas

Costas New Member

I am a logic user since version 1, I upgraded from Logic 5.5 PC to 9 when I returned back to Mac. What I do not like in v.9 is the inability (as far as I can see) to have totally independent windows. In the old days when doublecliking a midi region or a waveform a separate window would open without affecting the appearance of the arrange window. I appreciate the new concept but as I use a lot of tracks and multiple displays I hate the horizontal division of all these windows in to half

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Hold the Option (Alt) Key while double clicking will open the editors in seperate windows.

kind regards

Mark

4. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

The workflow is a bit different now, but the same is possible, but with a single click.

e.g select an audio region and open a sample edit window from Window menu. (link with chain icon)

Now whatever region you click on opens in that SE window.

Using screensets you can make the same apply to score or piano roll etc.

I'm now waiting for someone more knowledgeable to give a better answer, I'm sure there is actually still a way to do what you are saying like in the good old days.

5. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I told you so! Thanks Mark.

But still, screensets are your friend.

6. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

I couldn't agree more Pete - and there is a case for arguing that yours is the better answer, all the more so as the opened edit windows unfortunately don't float.

kind regards

Mark