Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Info: OS10.5.7 is out

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Colin Shapiro, May 12, 2009.

1. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

3. Multispace

Multispace Member

Just downloaded the combo-installer and installed it on my Macbook. After installation, the screen was acting weird and I had to perform a hard shutdown.
    After starting up again, it restarted two (or was it three?) times and now it's all working again.

I started up Logic Pro 8.02 and performed some simple tests (like playing audio ;-))
    and that works.

Safari is updated as well (version 3.2.3) and seems faster with some sites.
  4. D_Gordon

D_Gordon New Member

I'm using Safari 4 beta.
    Some people are reporting that Safari goes back to version 3 after the update and then a new Safari 4 update appears again on the software update.

I will wait a little before updating though.
  5. Orren Merton

Orren Merton Logic Samurai / Administrator Staff Member

I have just been informed that there is an incompatibility between the latest version of the Euphonix MC Artist drivers (1.3.0, just posted) and Mac OS X 10.5.7. Apparently the MC Artist controllers can no longer be detected by the EuControl software in Mac OS X 10.5.7. Both companies are looking into it.

So if you're a Euphonix MC Mix or MC Control user, you might want to hold off on updating to Mac OS X 10.5.7 if you haven't yet done so. If you've already updated Mac OS X 10.5.7, you might want to hold off on updating to the new EuControl version.

6. LSchefman

LSchefman Senior member

I updated and tested with 8.0.2 and a large variety of plugins. No issues to report. Don't have Eu-Con yet.
  7. studiotech

studiotech New Member

Is anyone using 10.5.7 with Symphony and Maestro?
  8. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

the folk on the Parallels virtual machine forum are yelling that it breaks parallels networking. 'missing kernel component error'. Tech support say 'wrong kexts are loaded' - I've no idea what that means and probably has no impact on Logic.

not fixed as of this posting

9. Orren Merton

Euphonix just explained the situation on their website. Apparently, any version of EuControl is broken by Mac OS X 10.5.7. Euphonix is working on a fix.

Looks like you guys will have to jump in the 10.5.7 pool without me for a while... :)

10. Orren Merton

...and Euphonix has already posted 1.3.1 that takes care of the situation, so I'll be installing 10.5.7 today. :)

11. BobShuster

BobShuster New Member

Has anyone tried an NI plugins with Logic and 10.5.7 yet? Specifically Kontakt 2 or 3?
  12. LSchefman

LSchefman Senior member

Using the NI stuff with Kore, no problems to report thus far with Kontakt engine.
  13. LSchefman

LSchefman Senior member

spoke too soon

have just had a "hang" using Kore with a soundpack instrument, spoke too soon I guess! :eeek: