Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 input and output problems audio tracks

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by sojourner, Nov 12, 2014.

1. sojourner

sojourner Member

When I create new audio files, it seems to record on only one side (left). When I paste the region on a new track, it does not play at all. I can duplicate some files in my project and record on the duplicated track. Some of the patches seem too work ok. I am not technically sophisticated

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

First: Sounds like you are recording a mono source on a stereo audio track.

Second: It sounds like you are not correctly differentiating between audio tracks and instrument tracks when you are calling up patches and/or trying to record.

4. sojourner

sojourner Member

thanks i am not quite sure his that started happening. I am having trouble with th audio tracks when I start a new one and use the mike I just get the left side. I have tried various things under preferences etc but have not got it right yet. i will keep trig thanks

5. Eli

Eli Senior member

Make the track mono instead of stereo. You do that by clicking the channel format button on the channel strip. See attached screenshot.

Attached Files:

6. sojourner

sojourner Member

really appreciate your help when I do that all I cash get to display is
    Bus2 there seems to be two buttons one that displays all the time and one that shows up if i hover and click over Bus 2 but I can not get the display to read anything other than bus2. yesterday i got frustrated and went into preferences. I hope I did not mess anything up there. really thanks for any help

7. Eli

Eli Senior member

You've got to click the input field and assign the desired input (probably Input 1, depending on the audio interface you are using).

It sounds like you really need to spend some time with the manual getting up to speed with basic workflow and signal flow.

8. sojourner

sojourner Member

wow I actually got there before reading your response. When I make a new audio file I make the input 1 and the output 1 and 2 and it works. Yeah I should. I am not that sort of guy, but I am figuring it out gradually by using help.

thanks a lot

9. sojourner

sojourner Member

Hey I just checked your stuff out. I will be doing some of your training videos. seems great. and I like your music and I guess you sort of look like Woody

hey thanks also good to know you are out there if I need help. think I will watch some of your videos next week. really feel like recording today

10. Eli

Eli Senior member

Great! Hope you enjoy them and find them useful :D