Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Inserting inserts before an insert

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by bassetrox, Mar 16, 2013.

1. bassetrox

bassetrox New Member

Sorry for the silly title.

I'm a fairly basic Logic user. I multi-track record rehearsals with my function band and then throw a very rough mix together afterwards so we can hear how the rehearsal went.

I often start with the preset patches say 'creamy lead vocal' and customise them to suit. But I often find myself wanting to put another insert at the start of the chain. For eg. if I open a guitar preset that might have pedalboard, amp dsn, EQ, reverb by default and then I want to place a compresor at the start of the chain before pedal board etc.

Is there a way of moving all the inserts 'one down' to allow this?

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, welcome the the LUG!

Command-Click-Drag the last inserted effect in the channel strip to the lowest empty slot. Then do the same with the others, moving each down one slot until the uppermost slot is free. You can then insert whichever plug-in you need there. Note that this does NOT work in the environment audio layer, but is fine in the track mixer.

kind regards

Mark

4. bassetrox

bassetrox New Member

Perfect. Thank you very much Mark, that's saved me no end of time.

5. mt100uk

mt100uk Senior member

I *think* you can drag (using command+click) a plugin from the bottom to the top of the list if you hold it in the right place near the top of the first plugin and everything moves down to compensate. I find some of these functions so automatic for me that I have trouble decoding what I'm actually doing!

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

You are correct. I find this tone a quicker workflow if I already have a few plugins inserted. It just depends.

7. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

Watch out if you have bypass automation for a specific insert slot.

8. mt100uk

mt100uk Senior member

Indeed!