Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X interaction of piano roll quantize with arrange window quantize

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by madelefant, Mar 15, 2016.

1. madelefant

madelefant Senior member

I'm trying to figure how these two interact. I had seeming quantization going on that I wasn't even aware of. Also when editing in the piano roll the snap parameters work the same as in the arrange window?

3. LogicChallenged

LogicChallenged New Member

Yea. When you quantize in the piano roll, it results in quantized notes in the arrange window. That's just how it works, I think the other way around also., ie, if you record with quantizing turned on in the inspector, it will record that way, and show up that way in the piano roll.
    Note, in the piano roll, you can stretch it out to see well, highlight only one bar or a short segment, and quantize just that. (if you recorded w/o quantizing)
    Also , if you don't like it, hit the edit/undo button.
    Logic lets you get deep into quantizing, ie % of swing groove, (Duke Ellington swing is different than 50's shuffle) , but I haven't gotten there yet.
    Hope this helps. I do alot of quantizing, but have really only scratched the surface of techniques,