Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internal routing

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Sava66, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Sava66

Sava66 New Member

Hello. I am running mavericks and logic x. What I want to do is play a movie like an avi or mp4 and cut and paste sounds from it into logic or sound studio, I'd like to internally route the audio to monitor in logic. Then I hit "record" and it would record just that piece that I want. I used to be able to do this before mavericks on a different comouter. I used soundflower. I also have jack on my computer but no matter what I put the settings to I don't see that movie audio on the logic VU. Thanks.
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Why not just import the movie into Logic and have it extract the audio track as a separate audio file during the import process? That way you have the entire sound track as a region in Logic. Then you can just edit it as necessary to use the parts that you want.
  4. Sava66

Sava66 New Member

Thanks Eli. Yes, having all the audio is kind of bulky though. It does work but I like to be able to be watching the movie and then just hit "record". It's just a few extra steps. Just frustrating because I used to be able to do it.
  5. jboeke

jboeke New Member

Can't you just keep on using soundflower?