Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPad app with switchable faders?These days my Logic Pro workflow initially involves a

Discussion in 'Music Creation' started by EastWest Lurker, Oct 23, 2012.

1. EastWest Lurker

EastWest Lurker Senior member

These days my Logic Pro workflow initially involves automating cc11 rather than host based automation as almost all the libraries I use have timbre/vibrato changes that do not occur with the host based "volume" automation. Also, with the host based you can not discretely automate the volume by MIDI channel in a multi-timbral instance.

But once all the parts are in and this is done, I then bounce ll the software instrument tracks to audio and at that point, I want to use the host automation.

The iPad apps I am seeing that do the MIDI automation from the faders i.e. Yamaha's Faders & Pad, don't do the host automation and those like V-ControlPro that emulate a Mackie Control don't do the MIDI automation from the faders.

Is there an app that does both?

3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

I have a number of the mixer apps, I'll see what I can find out.

4. EastWest Lurker

I think the answer is 2 apps. I will continue to use Faders and Pad for the MIDI cc automation then maybe this at the mix stage for audio:
    http://eumlab.com/daw-remote/

5. georgelegeriii

6. EastWest Lurker

But that uses Touch OSC as a basis correct? I am getting very mixed reports about its reliability and latency.

7. georgelegeriii

It has a very comprehensive manual and a good "help" section that outlines the best way to deal with OSC and Logic. And for $4.99 it's a cheap look for an app that might be perfect for you ;-)