Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 is it possible to use logic convert audio to midi

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by supermarky, May 19, 2010.

1. supermarky

supermarky New Member

does logic have what sibelius 6 has: a midi recording out of microphone or cd / mp3 VST plug in?!?!?!
  3. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

It is not a real-time process in Logic. But there are several ways of converting recorded audio to MIDI. Worked very well last time I checked.
  4. supermarky

supermarky New Member

thanks if anybody can point me towards a method for giving it a try I'd appreciate it!
  5. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

"google it" in the manual. Typing in something like "convert to midi" would probably call up a lot of hints.
  6. supermarky

supermarky New Member

I think something's wrong with my logic help it's never turned up with anything I've searched for, this is no exception .. .
  7. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Please provide some system details as listed out in Rule 4:

kind regards

8. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Senior member

It's called "audio to midi" and can be found in the sample/audio editor. Works rather well on "only rhythmic" stuff, ok-ish on some monophonic material, not at all for polyphonic signals.
    If you want/need to do this more often, and more or less stay inside Logic, Melodyne with it's new DNA feature might be worth a try. Not only does it a rather excellent job of extracting MIDI from monophonic audio, meanwhile this also works for polyphonic signals (mind you, they still need to be rather clear signals). Not exactly a cheap solution, but probably the best there is on the market.

- Sascha
  9. supermarky

supermarky New Member

logic 8 (Academic), 10.5.8 mac, 4 x 2.5 GHz power pc G5, 5.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM