Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's been a while since we've had an LUG Group Buy...

Discussion in 'The LUG Lounge' started by charlie, Jul 9, 2011.

1. charlie

charlie Senior member

I've noticed that Waves has been offering their plug-ins in the cheaper Native AU format lately, (a smart move on their part as I've gobbled up a few of their plugs that I could not personally afford when they were only TDM etc...):thmbup:

Any interest out there for a Waves Native Group Buy?
    Or perhaps a Native Instruments GB? They've got some great synths and bundles...

Anyone have any thoughts or interest in a Group Buy out there in LUG land? :cool:

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

I have been in contact with both of these companies in the past, Charlie. I don't see any chance that we would be able to do anything with them. Waves have been running their own "specials" on a monthly basis for a number of years now, with discounts of up to 50%, even on their mercury TDM bundle in March/April of this year.

In fact, it seems that in the past two - three years, most Plugin developers have moved away from RSPs and are relying more and more on promotions to generate revenue. Are we living in tougher times?

kind regards

Mark

4. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

After the current "Kore" fiasco at Native Instruments, I suspect more than a few people would be reconsidering spending another penny with them...

I'd think someone like Camel Audio , Linplug, or Rob Papen might be interested. Both have some excellent plug-ins, both synths and effects. Their product line is pretty reasonably priced already, but when you talk about 200 or 300 plugins in sales, that is a pretty big motivator for a smaller developer, don't you think? I have had contact with all three and would be happy to ask on behalf of the Lug to see if they might want to do something with us.

5. charlie

charlie Senior member

Mark & George,

I'm not picky when it comes to Group Buys! ;)
    If there's a plug/VI that might fit into my arsenal, I usually join up with Group Buys pretty early.
    In the last year, I joined a GB with audiomidi.com or kvr audio (I can't remember now who it was with...):rolleyes: -for the entire suite of Nomad plugins. It was an incredible deal for the end cost of about $300.

So, I'm sorry to hear that some of the developers have shied away from offering these to groups like us but perhaps George has a lead or two to investigate.
    I look forward to hearing if any turnout favorably. :thmbup:

Thanks!

6. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Well, I defer to the LUG admins. I can help, but they have to decide to "pull the trigger" on it.

Mark, if you could bring this up to the other admins, please let me know what the reply is. If it is positive, PM me and I'll see what I can work out with whichever you guys think will work out the best.