1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Jam Packs

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by GaryW, Oct 27, 2011.

1. GaryW

GaryW New Member

I recently got a new MacBook Pro, and re-installed Logic Pro 9. For some reason my Jam Pack disks will not load in. Through tech support I tried converting them to .dmg but they still will not load. Could the disks be corrupted?

The rest of Logic installed fine.

Any thoughts?
  3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Yea, was it a completely new OS wipe and install, or a install over an existing system?

If it's A) a fresh disc wipe and then OS/Logic Pro, something could be wrong with your discs, but I would suspect the optical drive in the computer.

If it's B) there is a folder called "receipts" in your library folder (either in the user folder, or the library on your main HD). If the installer sees the receipt files from the past install, it won't reload the new ones, because it thinks it's doubling the data, a bad thing, right? You will need to locate the old Jam Pack receipts, trash them, restart the computer, and try again.
  4. GaryW

GaryW New Member

Thanks for the reply. This was a fresh install on a new Mac. I checked in the receipts, and there was nothing there, so I am thinking it is probably the disk. I have loaded this version on a couple of computers over the past couple of years.