Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jazz Font in Logic 10.10.1

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Uwe Rodi, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Uwe Rodi

Uwe Rodi Member

I can't find the place to use an external music font (Jazz Font)
    Formerly it was in Pref - Score -
    but here it is gone.
    Any tips?
  3. Uwe Rodi

Uwe Rodi Member

Is no one else having problems with alternate music fonts?
  4. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

At the bottom of the Score Preferences window is a button that opens the Score Project Settings which now contains a Symbol Font pop-up to select the Jazz font if you have it installed on your system.

The Score Preferences buttons at the bottom of the Score Project Settings window is another convenience. The more I use other DAW, the more I realize how many conveniences are built into Logic.

Attached Files:

5. Uwe Rodi

Uwe Rodi Member

Thanks, now I found it.
  6. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Two more thoughts:

1) Now the setting only changes the font per project - way better than earlier version when changing preferences your jazz font affected the classical piece you were working on.

2) Check out the Bravura font. It's free and generally looks very good in Logic.
  7. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hey Doug; where does one get the Bravura font?
  8. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

My question as well.
  9. Doug Zangar

Sorry guys, not meaning to ignore you. I haven't been getting e-mail notifications on responses for the last two years or so - PITA. I forget to check in, thinking I'll see notification of responses.

To answer your question:
  10. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Thanks Doug!

In your User Control Panel, in the Settings & Options section, there's an Edit Options below the Avatar and Signature links where you can choose to receive notifications or not.

Hope all is well in Seattle.

11. Doug Zangar

Hi Wally,

Doing well - went back to school last school year to get a masters in film composition (film scoring). Brutal year, moving in the process as well (what was I thinking!!!). Just finally recovering, built a little studio work space and trying to get busy again.

Thanks for the tip on the CP panel. I've tried that before, turning the e-mail setting off and then back on, with no luck. I just tried a different e-mail address, maybe the spam filter on the other server was blocking e-mails.
  12. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Hi Doug,

That's a mighty impressive achievement.

I had the impression that you were serious about film scoring when I worked through your excellent and very thorough Soundtrack Pro Explained video tutorial a while back.

After spewing out my words of wisdom:D, I noticed yesterday that I didn't receive notification from another forum on this site.

Enjoy your new studio and the music production process.
    Looking forward to future Logic Pro X 10.1.1 tutorials.

Downloaded the Bravura font. Thanks for the link.

13. Doug Zangar

Thanks, welcome, etc....

I did get an e-mail of your posting, maybe the address change did the trick.