1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 jazz fonts not working

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Doug Zangar, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Anyone using this font successfully in Logic 9? I can get text to work, note heads are all messed up. I think this font came from my Finale 2006. And, I'm sure it worked in Logic 8.......

3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure it's merely to do with Logic 9, It doesn't work for me in logic 7 either. I wonder if it's more an Intel issue?

Jazz text Extended works for me, as does swing text extended and Inkpen Script.

I don't think there's any technical support from the Jazz Text people, there never was, even a day after forking out my £50 for it.

4. Doug Zangar

Thanks for the reply Pete. That actually makes sense as I used Logic 8 on my G5, never migrating it over to an Intel chip Mac.

I've searched quite a bit on the web - the Stigler (jazz fonts) web site talks about Emagic and Apple OS 6.x and 7.x, not exactly current stats for the Mac.

I'm thinking it's kind of a dead path at this point.

5. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Senior member

The most "funny" thing being that for me (and quite some colleagues) it worked perfectly fine under LAWP 5.5.1.
    After that version, nothing ever seemed to help to get it back to work again, all I end up with is a complete mess.
    But let's not even get started discussing about how much of an unwanted stepchild the score editor seems to be for the Logic programmers...

- Sascha

6. Doug Zangar

As you well know, it's not a bad score editor - and with a little love could readily compete with the nuances and look of the big two.

While I admitted to owning Finale, I got it on the cheap and really just looked at it. I'm so much faster with Logic and can get useable results for the work I need to do.

So, I accept its limitations and go forth using it daily, thick-skinned am I to the cheap shots from the Finale and Sibelius users. (Who, BTW, can produce a pile of "good looking" crap full of mistakes if they're not knowledgeable....)

7. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

Me too.

I'm not sure if Sibelius has caught up, but I remember showing a hardcore Sibelius user "explode polyphony". His face turned quite green.

8. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Senior member

Well, it's really not about "Logic has some things the others don't" (and fwiw, I often prefer Logic for scoring tasks as well), it's about a formerly working feature being broken since several versions (as so many other features) and nobody taking care of. That's just not right.

- Sascha

9. samwads

samwads New Member

Hey guys, I joined this forum specifically because of this issue.

Is there seriously no solution for this? Anyone know of any hacks that can be done to get a working jazz font?

10. Doug Zangar

I've not heard of anything. Do post if you find something. Hopefully you'll find this forum useful for other Logic topics if not for font information.