1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Key command for move region to end of selected region?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by composerguy78, Jan 12, 2015.

1. composerguy78

composerguy78 Member

Does anyone know if there is a key command to move a region after a selected region?

I edit a weekly podcast and it would be helpful if I could move audio regions so that they start just after the region I have highlighted. I have a workaround, but it involves five key commands which are:

1. Set locators by regions/events/marqee
    2. Cycle mode
    3. Swap left and right locator
    4. Press enter to move playhead to what was the right locator (swap just pressed)
    5. move region to playhead postion (pickup clock)

I do not want the region to move to the same track as the highlighted region.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thx

Felix

3. vanhaze

vanhaze New Member

"Shuffle Left" action maybe helpful for your case ?

4. composerguy78

composerguy78 Member

It does help, I have been using that. But it can screw everything up if I'm not careful! But I'm really looking for a one key macro. I appreciate the suggestion very much though!

5. vanhaze

vanhaze New Member

quote:

I edit a weekly podcast and it would be helpful if I could move audio regions so that they start just after the region I have highlighted. I

Can you please explain abit better (detailed) what you mean by this ?

Maybe i can help you then further/better.

6. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

The One Key Macros are Cubase specific where you can organize several Key Commands into a Macro and push that Macro using a single Key Command.
    It is some sort of Batch Key Command processing. Logic does not offer such KC Macros.

7. vanhaze

vanhaze New Member

That's true but.. Keyboard Maestro is a great app with which you can make keyboard macro's.
    IMHO, it's the best app there is for this.
    It can go very deep, lots of great features.

I hope it's legit to post the company url:
    http://www.keyboardmaestro.com/main/

I am by no means connected to this company.

8. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Sweet... Have you tried to use this app with the Logic KC and organize a Batch processing of say 7-8 Logic KC to execute a given task like the Cubase Macro does?

9. Ab van Goor

Ab van Goor New Member

Go to selection end might help. I gave it shortcut E.
    So the sequence would be: Highlight a region - press E - Highlight the region that you want
    to go after that one - press P. Since the last region remains highlighted by default, you can
    press directly E again etc.

Gr
    Ab

10. composerguy78

composerguy78 Member

I actually found a good workaround where I am using Keyboard Maestro to have one key command trigger the sequence of key commands listed in my initial post!

If you are interested, Keyboard Maestro or other apps like it can fill a void to create key commands which don't exist or create macros of key commands.
    hope that helps somebody!

11. vanhaze

vanhaze New Member

Great mate !

Keyboard Maestro indeed is extremely powerful and can be of big help speeding up workflow in Logic Pro further ! :)