1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Key command window not responding.

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Presence, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Presence

Presence New Member

Just learning logic 8(installed a couple of months ago, on a mid 2009 mac pro)
    i'm on lesson 5 in logic pro 8 beyond the basics but when i try to assign key commands(select the command, press the learn by key label button)the key command window will not respond to anything, will not take any input from keyboard. On the first lesson i assigned a couple key commands and it worked fine. Can anyone help? i am new to both mac and the world of logic.
    The mac came with 10.5.6, then i installed logic 8 then i downloded 10.5.8 along with most of the other updates, that's everthing on it. Thanks
  3. Presence

Presence New Member

The key command window works, it's just the f1,f2,f3, keys that can't be assigned. I don't know if this is normal or not.

I wanted to assign command f1 to- save as zoom 1 & f1- to recall zoom 1.
  4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Funny, I use the first three F keys to save and recall the three zoom levels too! I have no problem with it. I think there is a system preference you need to disable in order to free up those F keys. Look in your system preferences under the "keyboard and mouse" section. It's in there somewhere.
  5. Presence

Presence New Member

Thanks Eli, system preferences, keyboard & mouse, keyboard, "use all F1,F2, etc. keys as standard function keys"