1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 keyboard focus in 9.01 - please explain!

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by cowudders, Dec 14, 2009.

1. cowudders

cowudders New Member

can somebody out there explain the logic behind Logic's way of handling keycommands now, please? In 8.01 everything was allright. I could press 'Q' after recording to quantize, now it depends which plug-in windows are open and mostly does nothing, but photograph me.

just an example ... many times I have to click away a window or hide all plug-in window to get logic to accept the keycommand, instead of taking yet another picture.

btw: where are those pics stored? I wanna see them. must be art.

please explain this behaviour to me!

thanks a lot!

sincerely yours,
  3. leytonnz

leytonnz Senior member

welcome to my world...grrr... you just have to continually click back on the arrange window ( since thats where Q makes sense)..or whatever KC makes sense for that window ( ie the one that was last in focus) if you open a plug then obviously now thats in focus and Q doesnt make sense so you have to click back on the arrange.. it actually was the same in 8 but not with the camera flash. L9 puts a white border around the window in focus.
    youll get used to it.... eeeeevvvvveeennnnttttuuuuaaallllyyyyyyy.. but it will still be annoying

4. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

I agree that Window Focus, in particuler with many Plugins, is not satisfactorily dealt with in Logic 9. However, the flash is actually a good thing - it replaces the warning beep which, heard through studio monitors or by musicians wearing headphones, can be most unpleasant. Having a silent optical warning such as the flash Apple came up with is a good idea.

Now, if they could deal with the window focus issues so we didn't get flashed so much ...

kind regards

5. leytonnz

leytonnz Senior member

if the flash was a bit more subtle... or not white!

6. cowudders

cowudders New Member

What about an option like 'keep keyboard-focus on program window until plug-in window is selected'? or alternatively 'don't make plug-in windows keyboard focussed until clicked'.... can't find the right words for it, I give up.

But you know what I mean, no?

This really is kind of a nightmare for shortcut-friends like myself. It takes 4 steps (best case!), that previously only took 1 ..

1 keycommand :angryfire:
    2 paranoid, because of another photo :eeek:
    3 click the arrange :brkwl:
    4 same keycommand again :errr:

all the best,
  7. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

That summarizes it pretty well, Bernd. Have you sent that to Apple?

kind regards

8. cowudders

cowudders New Member

'f course!