Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Audio Units: Effect and Instrument Plugins' started by SBDconlon, Dec 18, 2011.

1. SBDconlon

SBDconlon New Member

Does anyone know or have any insight into whether the Korg Legacy package will work / is available in LION for Logic 9.

also, I have only just got my mac book pro with Lion pre installed, but am starting to look around to find my perfect sound sources / software synths. Onmnisphere and Alchemy have popped up as good for what I am looking for, are they ready to load and go yet for Lion ? I also need a great authentic sounding orchestra instrument software synth?

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Please note, I separated this from the AU in Lion thread - the intention there is to list out AUs as they work in Lion. For detailed discussions, its better to start a new thread:

I have briefly tested these KLC Synths in Logic 9.1.6 in OS 10.7.2: Legacy Cell, M1, MonoPoly, MS-20, Polysix, Wavestation. These are not the very latest, System auth protected versions, rather, they run on the Steinberg/eLicenser Key. All seem OK in Lion, but I must emphasize, I have really only launched them and played briefly with each..

Omnisphere and Alchemy also seem fine.

How much do you want to spend? A full blown VSL Library would do very nicely, but is pretty expensive and may even want to run on its own computer.

kind regards

4. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

The newer Korg versions (serial number authorization) work fine in Lion with Logic 9.1.6.
  5. SBDconlon

SBDconlon New Member

thanks guys. I have read in another thread somewhere that the Korg Legacy does require a USB key (stein berg key) to be inserted all the time to run correctly. Do you know if this is necessary with the newest / latest updates of Korg Legacy for Logic 9.1.6 in OS 10.7.2 as this would not be ideal and would put me off a bit?

as far as the orchestra sounds go, I could / would spend around £100 for a real good quality sounding one ( I know there are some out there for a lot more than that) I don't want loads of bundle features or sounds necessarily, just a few real authentic sounding key orchestra instruments, i.e. strings sections , oboes, pizzicato, percussion, clarinets, violins etc?

thanks for the feedback.