1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Lag with many regions

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by lukas82, Nov 17, 2012.

1. lukas82

lukas82 New Member

Hi all
    I always wanted to know why logic gets so laggy when you have a lot of regions inside the projekt window?

I noticed it when i switched from about 7 years from cubase to logic 7 and there has nothing changed since then. This is not a performance problem cause even the fast mac pro has this problem too.
    I think it has something to do with osx. For example cubase on windows is very snappy, but cubase osx user talk about the same Gui lag problems..

3. forgetr

forgetr Member

What do you mean by "laggy?" Are you referring to visual glitches during playback, or plugin GUIs, or what? Also, you need to post your system specs, per the forum rules.

4. lukas82

lukas82 New Member

I'm sure you and all logic users have the same problem, you can try it out. Make a projekt with lot of regions. For example you have a longer song and edit recorded drums and you "strip silence" the tracks.
    Then when you select all the regions ore copy ore whatever, the program gets very slow (lag).