Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Logic 10.2.3 bug on piano roll

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by EliNax, Jun 11, 2016.

1. EliNax

EliNax New Member

Hello guys!
    Since updating Logic to 10.2.3 I've noticed a (really weird) bug: when I select a MIDI region and try to edit it in piano roll view, the MIDI region that shows in the piano roll is the first I created.
    This is a screenshot, as you can see, the selected MIDI is "Drum - Low" but in the piano rolls it shows another MIDI region "Drum - High".

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

Is there someone else who is experiencing this? Have you found a way around it?

Thanks for your help.

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Hello,

Click on the Link button to turn it on.

When off, the behavior is as you describe.

Attached Files:

4. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Also, it's good to be aware of the two link modes: selected regions and track.

5. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Yes, Same Level (purple), and Content (hello).

Strange, in 10.2.3, in the Piano Roll, I can only select Content or Off via the link button but not the local View menu. Link is listed with no options.
    Odd, in the Event List, and Step Editor, I don't see a link button, but can select Same Level or Content from the View menu.

6. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Things have change since LPX (v.10.1, I think) the link icon is either On (lit - yellow) or Off (unlit - grey/brown). The two modes I am talking about are selectable (mutually exclusive) from the (Piano roll) View local menu. They are respectively labeled as One Track and Selected Regions, and they are listed 2nd and 3rd just below the Link item. I prefer it this way, I have never been a fan of multi colors button status, it is always more confusing, especially when there are no textual menu items available to mirror the color set meaning. And there are so many ones in Logic!

I don't know why they are changing the GUI like that every now and then?

7. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

These are very useful depending upon what's being selected.
    I've overlooked One Track for too long.