Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 7 & earlier Logic 5 EFFECTS NOT AUTHORIZING

Discussion in 'Logic 7 and older Versions' started by Luke Williams, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Luke Williams

Luke Williams New Member

Hi Guy's Newbie here
    I originaly bought my studio (PC & Logic 5) in 2001, I stupidly did not register my logic software. I did not use my studio for years as I had a few kids and work was hectic. I've now got the studio out and set up again and when I go to load any virtual instruments (ESX24 and the other standard ones) it say's that they have expired. I do not no how to fix this could any body tell me what I need to do ? Also where would I get the latest update for logic 5 pc version ? Cheer's Luke
  3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the LUG, Luke. I'll deal with the second question first:

The last version of Logic for Windows was Version 5.5.1, released in early 2003. Please go here:

and scroll down to Legacy Emagic Downloads.

The answer to the first question is a little longer:

Unfortunately, if you did not purchase additional licences for the EXS 24 and other optional additions to Logic 5 (ES2, EVP 88 and others) you are out of luck, these have not been available for many years. In July 2002, Apple bought emagic, and discontinued PC versions of Logic. In 2004, all of the "extras" such as the EXS 24, were bundled together to create Logic Pro. This has been further developed, the bundle of software available to Logic Users has increased over the years, adding Waveburner, Compressor, Mainstage and much more, since Logic 8 the price was drastically reduced, this is all currently available as Logic Studio, the heart of which is Logic Pro 9. If you have a valid Logic 5 Gold or Platinum Licence, you can still upgrade to all of this for around 200 Dollars or Euro. The caveat is, you then need an Apple computer to run it on.

HTH, kind regards