1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 7 & earlier Logic 7 clean install.....

Discussion in 'Logic 7 and older Versions' started by ashtarbrian, Jul 20, 2009.

1. ashtarbrian

ashtarbrian New Member

i posted this on main logic thread, but thought i would also post here, as it is relevant to both boards, so sorry for redundancy...

Hi all, I have both Logic 7 and Studio installed on my cpu, and i have been using Logic 7 extensively for reasons i wont bore you with here.
    My question is the following: my Logic 7 needs a clean install, i have all my install discs and dongle etc, I am just worried that doing so will impact Logic 8, ... does anyone have any advice and or warnings regarding the operation?

the reason i am doing a clean install is that is has been behaving funny, and little things like pulling up the reference guide etc opens the version from 5 or 6 etc....

thanks in advance!

3. willnubu

willnubu Senior member

It might affect the xs key framework used for Logic Studio. When I deleted everything dealing with Logic Pro 7 using AppDelete, it deleted everything with Logic Pro 7 including the xs key framework. I suggest don't do it unless you want to install both programs over again.