Logic Pro 8 Logic 8 + Akai MPK

LUG-

I've been trying to hook Logic up to a keyboard controller to get deeper into editing plug ins and to generally improve my workflow. I was disappointed with how un-intuitive Automap & Novation SL was (and disliked the drum pads), so I went with the Akai MPK25.

As far as a keyboard controller & drum pad, it's great. However, I can't figure out how to optimize it for Logic (assigning knobs & buttons to control plug ins, etc.) Just as an example, I tried to use Midi Learn in Logic to control a parameter for one plug in (Tape Delay); but when I went to a new plugin (High Pass Filter), the knobs were still controlling the tape delay.

I feel like I need an extensive tutorial on how to set up Logic to work with a keyboard controller. Does such a thing exist?

Thanks,
Robert

There are a couple of ways to go about what you want to do.

I think the easiest would be to use the akai editor and make the knob you want send the information needed to control the specific synth. Create presets in the akai for each of the different synths, or specific controls you need. The easiest way to see what the CC value that you need to assign to the controller, is to cable the instrument channel to a Monitor object in the environment, then turn the VI's control and see what the output is. If you've never done this it probably doesn't make sense immediately.

Macprovideo.com has a lot of excellent tutorials on Logic for beginners, all the way to advanced tips and tricks for pro users. I urge you to check them out. Not only are the videos well paced and well thought out, but there are decent forums there for discussing the tutorials and the creators monitor them well.

Upvote 0
Back