Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Logic 8 keeps corrupting one of my sessions

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by cekkus, Apr 12, 2010.

1. cekkus

cekkus New Member

Logic 8 keeps on corrupting one of of my session files.

Basically what happens is this: I'll be working on the song, saving as I go, and will typically save it and quit. When I come back to it the next day i get an OS message saying 'the application unexpectedly quit'. I can't then access the file any more so i have to go back to one of the one of the autosaves logic does along the way (but necessarily the last one) and move all the files to a brand new session file, effectively building it back up from scratch. This has happened twice now in the space of three days, though i should say it's only happening to one particular song thus far.

Also, I re-loaded the files into the original template i used to record the tracks in the first place (to save time), but I had no trouble for a while with this, it really seems to be happening almost at random. The only other thing to add is that i fairly recently did an OS update (i had to - i got an iPhone and had to activate it) so i wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I've been using the software for a few years on the same setup (1.67GHz Powerbook 15", Edirol FA101 interface, WE Hard Disk) with no previous serious problems.

This typically loses me 5 to 6 hours work, plus the work required to move all the files etc and is starting to drive me nuts!

If anyone has any ideas on this i'd be really grateful for any help.

Thanks

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Are you using an old autoload from a previous logic version?
    Exactly which Logic version are you using - 8.0, 8.0.1 or 8.0.2?
    Exactly which OSX version are you running?
    Is Pro App Support up to date?
    How much RAM do you have?

4. cekkus

cekkus New Member

Thanks Markdvc, here's the info:

Are you using an old autoload from a previous logic version?
    no it's always the same version

Exactly which Logic version are you using - 8.0, 8.0.1 or 8.0.2?

Exactly which OSX version are you running?
    v10.4.11

Is Pro App Support up to date?
    No. i've been trying to avoid both updating my OS and app support due to horror stories of backwards compatibility...

How much RAM do you have?
    2GB DDR SDRAM

5. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

You should IMO definitely be using 8.0.2, and the most recent Pro App Support available - although, using 10.4.11, that won't be one of the more recent updates.

Are you using any 3rd party AUs?

Have you tried copying Midi and Audio into another project? Unfortunately, projects have been known to corrupt.

kind regards

Mark

6. cekkus

cekkus New Member

thanks again Mark for your help with this.

I have copied them into a new project and it worked for a while before the same thing happened, though it was same new template that i was using to record the audio in the first place - I just opened up the template again and created a new project out of it by moving all the audio over - and then it corrupted again. I'll update logic and try using a different template!

I've used literally one AU - Ambience - on this project as it is mostly still in the editing/cleanup stage, but i've never had probs with it before now.

Cheers