Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Logic 8 not recording all notes

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by momsens, Apr 21, 2013.

1. momsens

momsens New Member

Hi everybody,
    I have been looking around a bit but could not find an answer to my problem.
    I have installed logic 8 on a Dual Core 2.3 GHz PowerPc G5 with 4GB Ram with OS X 10.5.8. I have issues when recording stuff: Although I can hear all notes when playing, as soon as I try to record some of the notes just don't get played nor captured. If I keep the events window open, I can see them getting logged while recording (although I still can't hear them), but as soon as I stop recording the corresponding events disappear.
    in short: I play 10 notes, but can only hear 7 and I can only see 7 in the events or piano roll window. BTW I have not quantized anything! Is this a memory issue or a setting i need to change? I am new to logic and this kinda drives me mad... any help is highly appreciated! thanks folks!

3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Try to change your midi interfaces USB cable, and make sure you upgrade to the last version of Logic 8.

You don't mention your other hardware things, like midi interface and ram amount.

4. mt100uk

mt100uk Senior member

Are you hitting stop before releasing the notes?