1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Logic 8 with SL 10.6.3 - BIG BUG!!

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Frank Stratton, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank Stratton

Frank Stratton New Member

I am running Logic 8 on a new 21.5" Imac and 10.6.3.
    It does work OK in general but I have found a bug that causes me a bad issue.
    1 - throw away the logic preferences files.
    2 - Start Logic - All seems great.
    3 - There is a feature where you can open a window that shows all the patches and allows you to choose the bank and then choose the patch in tht bank from the Patch list.
    4 - To use this feature you double click on the instrument name in the arrange window. (this must be an EXTERNAL INSTRUMENT).
    5 - If none of the Logic Preferences have been changed this feature will work normally and the PATCH WINDOW will pop up and stay up.
    6 - Keep in mind this feature fine in Leopard 10.5.8 but after switching to OS 10.6.3 the feature become problematic in thefolllowing way.
    7 - Once any of the preferences have been changed in Logic 8 ( such as changing the DISPLAY PREFERENCES for the arrange window or choosing your Audio Interface in the audio preferences of Logic 8) the POP-UP window of the Patches just flashes once then goes away.
    8 - Will there be an update to take care of this issue?
    9 - I had no problems in Leopard 10.5.8.
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Just posted a reply to this same message in the other thread you cross posted to.....
  4. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Eli.

Frank, please don't duplicate posts - it can cause a discussion to be split, which makes no sense. I will lock this thread.

kind regards

5. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.