Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Logic 9.1.8 released

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Markdvc, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

kind regards

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Great news :D

Thanks Mark:thmbup:

Downloading now!
  4. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson Senior member

Can anyone confirm this update addresses the Mountain Lion compatibility issues?
  5. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Exactly which issues do you mean Robert? Have you read the 9.1.8 release notes in the link in my first post in this thread? BTW, it makes sense to make a copy of your current Logic version before updating, that makes reverting back a very simple affair.

kind regards

6. Robert Wilson

7. michaelo

michaelo LUG Emeritus

So far 9.1.8 seems good on Lion and I have not experienced the dreaded UI lag yet which has plagued me for the last year. However the lag problem does seem to come and go unpredictably so its hard to tell yet.
  8. Robert Wilson

Yes, I upgraded to Lion and, other than some teething issues with my mLan gear, have had no problems. Seems that more people are having issues with ML though and I wondered if this update addressed that.
  9. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Many folks did have issues with Logic and ML. Many did not.

The release notes that Mark posted indicate the gui lag is gone!

A casual review of threads elsewhere on the wild web frontier show that power users (running projects with huge track counts with high numbers of software instruments, etc) are reporting that various problems are gone with the L9.1.8 update.

As stated before, having a backup (ext hd) is a critical component for anyone using a computer. It's safe to test an upgrade or update on the back up. Better yet, have a second ext hd just for the purpose of testing major changes to one's system.

No one can tell you with absolute certainty that an upgrade with work on your system due to the unique blend of all installed software and connected hardware. Waiting for signs that an update is ready for prime time is always the safest option.

My read of the web is that L9.1.8 fixes the potential issues that concern you.

Do your research, then make a decision that you're comfortable with.
  10. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Wish I'd followed CSEye's sage advice. Still on OS 10.6.8 and foolishly updated, assuming a minor maintenance release; now my current project shows meters bouncing but produces no output from the audio interface. :( I'll have to do a more careful troubleshooting when I get home from work tonight, and maybe revert if I can't figure it out.
  11. rainguitar

rainguitar Member

doesn't work with 10.6.8

Upgraded to 9.1.8. (intel iMac running 10.6.8) Now I get nothing but spinning beach balls even after reverting to 9.1.7. I have to use force quit on Logic. Is there something I can do to restore Logic, a file I can drag to the trash or something?
  12. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Go to the Logic Pro menu (upper left of screen)>Preferences>Initialize All Except Key Commands

Also in the Logic Pro menu is "Provide Logic Pro Feedback"
    Click on it, then provide a detailed description of your system, and what happened as a result of upgrading to L9.1.8.

This is a very discouraging and unacceptable situation!!!

I started using OSX 10.3 Panther as a DP user and rolled along with each update (via the combo installer) through to 10.6.8 without any issues. OX7 introduced new challenges... Sad to say that there are still issues for many.
  13. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

After some further testing, I must retract my earlier post; it seems my audio interface decided to crap out at the exact moment I installed the update! :mad:
  14. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

What a huge PITA!!!

Beyond the warranty period? I'm guessing that it's less of a hassle to find a new replacement on sale vs having it repaired?

A pisser either way.
  15. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Actually, it's not even 3 months since I bought it, but it's a discontinued Inspire 1394 I bought as a temporary stopgap until I can afford a good interface. Your sympathy is appreciated!
  16. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Inspire 1394- RIP.
    I have a growing list of hardware and software that ends up on the RIP list, even if they still work.

Too many choices at all prices points for interfaces these days. Hope you find a suitable replacement soon.