1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Logic 9.2 or 10?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by peterlemer, May 12, 2013.

1. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

What's the word on any future developments of Logic 9.1.2?

I'd hate to buy new mixing/mastering software only to find that 3 months down the road apple has lifted its kilt to reveal an exciting new set of danglies

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Well, L9.1.8 (the current version) is several revisions beyond 9.1.2

It seems to be a matter of no one knowing what and when, rather than if at all.

In the March 2013 SOS Logic Tips and Techniques column about the ESX 24, Dot Bustelo make this statement:

"It’s still your most essential instrument in Logic, and with Apple’s acquisition of editing-software developer Redmatica last year, substantial enhancements to the Logic sample player are probably ahead."

An author of Logic books stated at another forum recently, something to the effect of there being no violation of the NDA to say that development is ongoing.

Waveburner is still working in OSX 10.8.3.

Unless it's a matter of wanting something shiny and new, (who doesn't???), Logic 9.1.8 and WB are a great combo. You could always get DSP-Quattro, a powerful and inexpensive mastering application that looks a lot like Logic 9 these days.

So to answer your question: Yes. Or, No. :D
  4. mt100uk

mt100uk Senior member

It's a very difficult call, IMO it's likely there'll be no "cheap" upgrade to logic 10/x from 9 (I have no insider knowledge but this is the vibe I get from the way they sell it via the App Store at the moment.) Although the full price of logic is the same as whole number upgrades from other companies, that'll be little be little solace for you if you've only just bought it. Most pundits are expecting something soon but it's worth considering if a brand new version of logic will run as wanted out of the box, it can sometimes take months/years (if ever) for this to happen, just look at final cut!
  5. mt100uk

mt100uk Senior member

Oh and "out of the box" is doubtless wrong, you can be pretty confident it'll be App Store only.
  6. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

thanks guys - hugely interesting thoughts and references :)

I have no problems with Logic as a main tool - I'm more concerned about effects plugins.

I'm thinking of buying the FabFilter package and looking ahead to whether the next Logic will have plugins that reflect some of the more ingenious techniques coming on the scene

7. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

I don't have any FabFilter processors, but they do like mighty enticing. It seems fair to say that no matter what new toys come with the next version of Logic, the FF stuff will be in a class all it's own, available to you no matter what DAW you use.

My 2¢.
  8. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

Now I've done it! One Master bundle. You can keep your 2¢ and put it towards your own purchase :)

9. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Good news!!!

Enjoy it! :D;):D