Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Logic 9 Good Reverb Patches

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Can anyone give me some steps or preset/patches of good or great reverb sounds for lead vocals, within the logic 9 reverb plugins 'Gold' 'Platinum' etc!...I hear fab reverbs on records and cant seem to emulate or get anywhere near the quality or sound of the current record reverb sounds...or am I just whistling in the wind? :(
    I await patiently in anticipation.
  3. Legacy

Legacy Member

If you want the best that reverbs that Logic has to offer, then you should be using Space Designer. Lots of great included presets...
  4. charlie

charlie Senior member

I would also add that what you hear on professional recordings may not be simply about the Reverb type used but more about how the entire project was recorded, produced, mixed & mastered...
    The lead vocals that you are trying to emulate most likely may have been recorded with great (expensive) microphones, been over-dubbed and layered, compressed & EQ'd to bring out the best of the performance.

If you are looking for tips, perhaps post a link to the song recording you are referencing?
    It can be daunting trying to emulate a recording technique when you are unsure where to start. Good luck, though! :hippy:
  5. Reverbs

Thank you Charlie, Legacy...sorry for a delay in appreciation...had to replace my old Macbook Pro!!!old one gave up the ghost.
  6. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

I usually start with the default, or a preset that gets me in to the ballpark.
    Then I tweak, if I love it I save the preset.

You can buy 3rd party presets, Loopmasters has channel strips for sale, also synth patches.

This and other Logic related sites have downloads sections.

7. Steve7

Steve7 New Member

Automate the send . . ?

Can I add that I also automate the reverb SEND.

You can have a lush sounding reverb which would be way too
    'swimmy' and over the top, but if you ride the send level till the end
    of a word or phrase you can hear it 'bloom' in the spaces,
    giving the impression of a big reverb without the drowning effect.

Avoiding the 'plosives' is quite easy.

Give it a try.

8. Reverbs.

Cheers Steve.
  9. logicblog

logicblog New Member

I agree. Space Designer is awesome. Don't miss out on the Bricasti M7 presets impulse responses that are (still) out there for free.

It's a reverb unit that some pro's swear by.

See here:
  10. Good Reverbs

Thanks Guys...all good info'...will certainly give Bricasti a go.:)