Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Logic 9 minimum OS version?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by mk3, Jul 29, 2009.

1. mk3

mk3 Senior member

Hello -

I notice that the Logic specs list the following:

Minimum System Requirements to Install All Applications
    Mac OS X v10.5.7 or later

Has anyone tried running on an older OS, like Tiger?
    I have a few colleagues who are still on Tiger on G5s, and are considering the upgrade.

Thank you....

3. mmm42

mmm42 Senior member

It will crash hard on Tiger. Maybe you can trick the applications to launch on 10.5.0 instead 10.5.7, but on Tiger the app will crash (because a lot of Leopard specific features are used). But I would not recommend going below 10.5.7, I know of some graphic crashes in earlier versions, which are fixed. Also the CPU handling (threading) is much improved in newer versions.
  4. jrslam

jrslam New Member

It will run on a G5, but I've only been able to get it to do a partial install. The program installs, but none of the audio or extra content. If you've been reading my recent posts, Trilogy and Stylus no longer work either. The best bet is to run it on an Intel Mac. As for 10.4, haven't tried it.
  5. mk3

mk3 Senior member

Thank you for the updated info!

I myself am running on Intel, but I have some colleagues who are on G5s, and are trying to find out whether they should get L9 or not. It would be sad if they spent on the upgrade and then realized that the program won't run! For various reasons, they can't upgrade to Intels at the moment.

In the meanwhile, I am keeping L8 on my machine also for compatibility with colleagues who must stay on L8 for the time being.

Keep us posted if you discover anything further!

6. Zombre

Zombre Member

I couldn't get it to install on 10.4, so I went and upgraded to 10.5.
    I just got Logic 9 yesterday, so I ended up spending a bit more cash than I originally expected. Seems kind of cool so far, though!
  7. mk3

mk3 Senior member

I found Leopard to be a very worthwhile upgrade, even though on the G5 it seemed less responsive than Tiger. Leopard seems to be optimized for Intel use. Nevertheless, I stayed with Leopard even when I had the G5. Time Machine alone makes Leopard worthwhile.

Anyway, thank you for the valiant attempt to make Logic work on Tiger!