Logic Pro 9 Logic 9 multi cores?

Can you describe the circumstances under which this is occurring? Logic 8 and 9 are unfortunately restricted to performing some functions such as offline bounce using a single core.

Apart from that, here, overall the core balancing in Logic 9 is pretty good, and in playback, online bouncing etc. several or all of the 8 cores on my Dual Quad Xeon 3 2007 model do get used.

I am not aware of any preferences that allow the user to determine how many cores Logic can take advantage of.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
If I use a few 3rd party software instruments like Absynth, Alchemy and PLAY, only one core is being used, when all 3 tracks are playing back. This suddenly happened when I installed Logic 9. I just opened Logic 8 and it is now doing the same thing!!

Upvote 0
Do you have all three tracks record-enabled or selected? That puts Logic into "live" mode, and all live tracks are played on a single core for minimum latency. If they are rec-enabled, try un-enabling them. If all three tracks are selected, try de-selecting them.

Orren

Upvote 0
Hey !

Just start a new project and use selective import (select everything). U will have a new project with everything the same as the old one...but it will use all cores. Worked 4 me anyway.:thmbup:

Upvote 0
Now that you guys mentioned it, I noticed that L9 only use one core when bouncing. Is this how it's supposed to be? I use a: Macbook Pro, 2.53Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. 4GB Ram. MacOS 10.5.8.

Upvote 0
Now that you guys mentioned it, I noticed that L9 only use one core when bouncing. Is this how it's supposed to be?

Yes.

This is how it has been on every version of Logic since multi-processor support was introduced. To date, it has not changed.

Orren

Upvote 0
Back