1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Logic 9: Score/Notation Improvements?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by nhampton, Aug 10, 2009.

1. nhampton

nhampton New Member

Can anyone tell me if there have been any changes/ improvements to the way Logic handles notation?

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

4. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

A few, but probably not the ones that we have been hoping for.

By that I mean the serious score users, be they professional composers/arrangers, teachers, publishers, or just serious score users in general. Yes the guitar stuff is great, but although there is some gravy, there is not really much meat for most of us.

Even some bugs do not appear to have been been fixed!

5. nhampton

nhampton New Member

Thanks to all for the helpful info. I was hoping for easier tuplet entry - right now anything with a lot of triplets, I find easier to notate in compound time (6/8, 12/8). Triplets with any of the beats as rests are also very hard to notate. Looks like the hide barline feature might come in handy. Hopefully they got to a bunch of bugs.

Is it Finale or Sibelius you can now link to pro tools files and have them scroll during playback?

6. ChrisByrd

ChrisByrd Member

Sibelius 6 now has ReWire that works with Logic as well. I think Pro Tools also allows you to export a project in native Sibelius format.

7. David51

David51 Senior member

the J. Prischl book "Logic Notation Guide" is very good at explaining how to get anything more complcated than straight 4/4 to work in the score. It is available only from his web site,google the name and it should show up.