Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Logic 9 some problems and wishes

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by alienimplant, Aug 11, 2009.

1. alienimplant

alienimplant Senior member

FADES: In a word? Nightmare! In normal regions, i get stutters and other oddities when the fade outs are long (like 3000 or something). Also, a good friend of mine who's been putting in 20 hours a day in Logic 9 says fades are useless on Flexed regions. He still hears pops at the ends of regions. The fades seem to have no affect in many cases.

NO KEY COMMAND TO CREATE A NODE AT SPL: Still one of the most frustrating omissions in Logic. Drives me NUTS!

WEIRD WINDOW CLICKING BEHAVIOR: Sometimes (no idea what causes this) closing and opening windows is triggered by a single click rather than the expected double-click. This should always be a double-click process. It definitely feels like a bug. There's no rhyme or reason for it and it's hard to predict when it will happen.

NO PITCH AUTOMATION IN ARRANGE: The Flex 'speed' mode (which affects pitch) is useless. The rest of Flex is amazing.

NO UNDO OF FADERS, PANNING OR SENDS: This is so freakin' dumb, really. How long have we begged for Fader undos? Ugh. This also needs to apply when accidentally creating a node on a previously un-automated track. That's a minor disaster.

SENDS IN A GROUP GET MESSED UP WHEN SONG IS SAVED AND REOPENED

SOMETIMES 'EXPORT TRACK AS AUDIO FILE' OMITS REGIONS

I NEED A SYNC-able LFO IN THE WAH PEDALS IN PEDALBOARD: Until then, gotta automate the movement. Ack.

COLOR CHANGES MADE TO TRACKS BY NEW CHANNEL STRIP SETTINGS NOT ACCOUNTED FOR IN UNDO FUNCTION

WHEN COLORING FROZEN TRACKS, LOGIC NEEDLESSLY ASKS IF I WANT TO UNFREEZE TRACKS WHICH ARE FROZEN: Completely pointless. Even if you say 'No, don't unfreeze' Logic lets you assign the new color to frozen regions, so why does it hassle you about this in the first place?

That's all for now. These are just the biggest sore thumbs that I'm struggling with. Honestly, the pros still outweigh the cons. I'd rather work in Logic 9 than 8, given all the enhanced functionality; however, the fade-out problem needs to be fixed first and foremost. This is a HUGE issue for me. I may actually have to automate all my region fades to get around the problem in a current instructional project I'm working on. Major pain in the ass because many regions are going to move again before the project is completed. I'm not looking forward to how this will impact the complexity of automation management. I really hope the fades are addressed in the next minor update before anything else.

Cheers

3. mk3

mk3 Senior member

That's the biggest oversight in my book.

We're halfway there with FlexTime...Now we need FlexPitch!

The other big miss....Where is QuickSwipe comping for MIDI?

Still I'm very happy with the upgrade....haven't run into the bugs you list yet, but I'll keep my eyes open for these...

mk3

4. lewk

lewk New Member

On the flextime, it seems to really not like tempo and time sig changes. I have a couple of regions that overlap them, and for flex to work basically I have to chop the region so it's nice and square on the change, then line up the first hit with the bar in the old fashion, then flex from there. otherwise the whole thing just goes nuts, warp marker drags halfway across the page with a slight mouse movement, that kind of thing. it also 'guesses' the warp completely wrong! Otherwise, great feature.

I can confirm this too.

5. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

I would suggest using the new Bounce in Place feature and then add the fades.

6. yore

yore Member

I'd like to add that if you should use Toontrack's EZ Player Pro, then drag and drop inside the player doesn't work anymore. You can of course still drag the midi files to Logic's arrange page.

7. alienimplant

To quote Han Solo, "What an amazing smell you've discovered!" Haha...

That's a very astute discovery. :]

8. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

In order not to confuse this thread with the LUG "wishlist" area, I edited the title.

kind regards

Mark

9. alienimplant

I'd prefer the word 'bugs' remain in the phrase. I think the new title subdues my intent.

10. alienimplant

You should have seen my original title! ;P

11. pellefri

pellefri New Member

HI!
    I get a crash everytime I try to export track(s).

There is a mp3 cuemix I try to export too... that could have something to do with it...?

Best,Pelle

12. LivePsy

LivePsy Member

How about trying to enter numbers in ultrabeat note names? The number keypress immediately jumps to the screen set. Also, I can crash LP9 by changing between a screen set with Access' Virus Control open (3.0.3) and Virus Control not open. Looks like I put away the MPC and 8 track recorder too soon :)

13. LivePsy

LivePsy Member

Reply to my own post: The ultrabeat note naming bug is *caused* by Virus Control 3.0.3
    Bizarre but true. So no cause for alarm folks.

14. alienimplant

Another Problem!

Often, I cannot click on the "X" button of a plugin window (to close it). I frequently have to move it around and try again before it will close. The bugs are really starting aggravate me.

15. alienimplant

One More Big One

Often, when I'm working in a plugin window and I hit CMD+S to save the song, it solos the track I'm on instead. I either have to hide all the plugins or click back to the arrange window for the save function to work properly. This worked fine in Logic 8.

16. alienimplant

I'm noticing this doesn't happen with Logic plugins. I'm seeing it with NI Battery. I'll update this sub-thread when I get more definitive information.

17. alienimplant

OK, appears to be all 3rd party plugins. It's happening to me in my UAD plugins too.