Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Logic 9 upgrade: Install Failed

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Clshannon1, May 4, 2011.

1. Clshannon1

Clshannon1 New Member

Alright, so, I'm upgrading from Logic pro studio 8 to 9.

I run the installer, get about 30-40% in on the installation, then am prompted to insert the first Audio Content disc 1. I put it in, after like 8 seconds maybe, it's ejected, then asks for the Install disc again.

At this point, it immediately goes to an error, "Install Failed. Installer could not create the folder "/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple"

I've tried several times, does the same thing everytime.

Never heard of this, any ideas?
  3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

Someone else may have a much more expert advice than me, but what I would do in the first instance is create that folder manually, then try again.

But first repair all permissions for that drive.
  4. Clshannon1

Clshannon1 New Member

Well, the thing is, that folder was already there to begin with (from logic 8 I presume).

I tried moving it out of there to another harddrive temporarily, then re-installing, but it still doesn't seem to work.
  5. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Repair permissions: open your utilities folder, then launch Disc utility. Once it's opened, select your main Mac HD, and then repair permissions on the drive. That might do it..
  6. Clshannon1

Clshannon1 New Member

No luck on permissions repair.