Logic Pro 9 Logic 9

Physically, yes. But buying the academic version does not entitle you to upgrade pricing for the next version of Logic.

Orren

Upvote 0
There are two versions of Logic Academic:

1) A very cheap one (maybe 50% off???) that doesn't qualify for upgrading later. I've only heard about this one second hand.

2) A slightly cheaper one (about 10% off) that does qualify for upgrading later. This is the one I know about readily.

Upvote 0
There are two versions of Logic Academic:

1) A very cheap one (maybe 50% off???) that doesn't qualify for upgrading later. I've only heard about this one second hand.

2) A slightly cheaper one (about 10% off) that does qualify for upgrading later. This is the one I know about readily.

I think the first one is the way Apple used to sell academic versions - it was the same for Final Cut. They changed their policy a few years back and decided to only offer a 10% academic discount. On that basis they couldn't fairly enforce the no upgrade policy anymore.

It may be that you're not allowed to use an academic version for commercial purposes (most software companies make that provision) but I'm not even sure Apple could tell, even if they cared. When I bought an Academic version of Final Cut last year they gave me the same box but just took 10% off the price.

Upvote 0
Back