Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Logic Articulation Maps EDITOR (Mac app) :::: RELEASED

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Tangra, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Logic Articulation Maps EDITOR & AG Logic Toolkit 4.0

Hello,
    Audio Grocery is proud to announce the very first Logic Articulation Maps Editor (Map Application), which comes with the new AG Logic Toolkit Pro v4.0. The Maps Editor is designed according to the modern 3dr Party Instrument specifications, giving you the ability to create Articulation Maps just for seconds, using lots of powerful batch editing features.

Audio Grocery is focused on easy and quick Articulation Maps creation/management. Our philosophy gives you total freedom to create your own setups without waiting for factory Maps releases or coming into complicated scripting assignments.

[​IMG]

AG Articulation Maps EDITOR – Key Features
    • OSX (8 – 11) and Retina support.
    • A MIDI Channel, Two Key Switches (plus Latch), a Program Change and two Controllers Map assignments.
    • Enhanced Maps browser including: MIDI Channel column, Instrument and Articulation Name columns.
    • Copy Map Next KS1 and KS2 function powered by two smart algorithm settings: “Copy KS Semitone” and “Copy KS White Keys”.
    • Copy Maps with Next MIDI Channel (Multiple Maps Selection).
    • Instrument/Channel Names assignments dialog.
    • Four Maps switching Modes: Multi Timbral, Mono Timbral (Single Track), Logic EXS24 and Note Event (by MIDI Channel & Articulation ID).
    • Old Maps v3.0 support. You can import v3.0 Maps via a text file or you can copy the Maps in the Scripter and import them via the “Import from Clipboard” Editor File menu.
    • Quick Maps Selection: Select Maps via the computer Numerical, Shift or Command Keys; Select Equal Channels; Select Unequal Channel; Invert Selection;
    • Additional Operations: Duplicate Maps; Clear maps Assignments; Swap KS1 & KS2.
    • Quick Key Commands/Shortcuts for all Editor functions.
    • Assignments Batch Editing. You can select multiplel Maps and transpose the Key Switches or change the Program and the Controller assignments in one go.
    • Copy to Clipboard. This global feature delivers the Editor Maps to Logic via the computer clipboard.

Logic Articulation Switcher 4.0 – Key Features

• Universal Maps Support. The new ultimate Scripter plugin detects the imported Editor Maps Mode automatically.
    • Mono Timbral & Multi Timbral Remote Control. Now the Multi Timbral plugin Mode controls the correspondent Articulation Channel automatically just by track selection.
    • Expanded Plugin Preferences.
    • Up to 256 Maps per Scripter.

Additional Toolkit – Key Features

• New Logic Starting Templates.
    • Maps Farm - Factory Maps Presets for 3dr Party Instruments (see the catalog here).
    • Environment Tools & MIDI FX Plugins.
    • HD Video Tutorials.

Visit the Audio Grocery updated page to get more info or watch the different Parts of the Entire Demo Video published below.
    This is a FREE Update for all AG Customers!

Intro Price till January 10:
    49 Eur

Happy Holidays,

AG Team

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Brilliant!!!

My first attempt.
    Very easy after viewing the supplied video tutorials.

Attached Files:

4. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Well done CSeye!
    Looking at your attached image file I'd like to add two minor details (you know probably).
    1.Create a full Instrument Name for Ch1. in the EDITOR "Instrument Names" dialog. This way the Scripter Parameter will be shown as "Ch1. Violins" for example.
    2. Create a new Folder in the Scripter User path, and name it "MY AG" for example. Save your Maps as Scripter Presets in that folder.
    For example, Save As: => MY AG Folder =>"Phylharmonik 2 VIOLINS". This way you can load that Articulation Preset quickly in any Logic project.

5. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Tangra,
    Excellent suggestions.
    #1: Much better!

It looks like my Articulation names may be too long. Perhaps Pizz is better than Pizzicato.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  6. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Yes, it is a good idea too keep the Articulation names as short abbreviations such as: Stac, Sus, Leg, Pizz, Fp, Sfz, etc.
    This way you will have more horizontal room in the automation view during editing.

BTW. We are going to implement an INFO "i" button in the Instrument Names dialog. When you click that button the dialog will switch to Text Editor mode, where you can create a short Legend about the Articulation Abbreviations, Instrument Specifics, Multi Instrument setup etc. The INFO button status will be stored in the Maps Preset so you can store that Maps Presets with shown Maps INFO for example. After reading that info you can close it. This will be very useful for the upcoming AG Maps Farm (Maps Sharing Server technology). I.e when you share Maps with the other AG users they or you must know how to use the Maps and what mean the short Articulations (Legend).