Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 logic Core Distribution

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Damian Clarkson, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Damian Clarkson

Damian Clarkson New Member

Hi,
    I'm just wondering if anyone can explain how to distribute audio over cores evenly. I constantly get the disk error message relating to performance and in the performance meter on logic it is only across 2 cores and the first one will spike and then the error message comes up. Maybe I just don't understand the whole core thing properly. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Damian

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

4. Damian Clarkson

Sorry, this is my setup

Logic 9.1.8
    OS X 10.6.8
    Mac Pro
    2.8GHZ Quad Core intel Xeoan
    4GB Ram
    2 hard drives, 1 dedicated audio drive
    24 channels through Lynx Aurora Audio Interfaces, 16 and 8 as an aggregate device.

Unfortunately I've read all those articles from the apple page relating to this and none of the suggestions seem to help.

5. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Are you recording mostly audio? Or soft synths? Or sample based instruments?

6. Damian Clarkson

I am recording entirely Audio, not a single synth or sample based instrument in the session.

7. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Good thing I asked before discussing ways to optimize software instruments which is mostly what I use. :)

Can you be more specific about the conditions under which one of the cores spikes? When recording 24 tracks in one pass? Or even when recording 1 or two tracks?

How about when not using your aggregate device, but rather only a single interface?

8. Damian Clarkson

It happens during playback in sessions where there is a few plug ins and also when there are literally no plug ins. I have started new sessions just to check this out. It has also happened when recording just singular tracks over the top of the already recorded tracks. Strange things is, sometimes it will not happen and run completely smoothly on sessions which have a lot going on them, but then give the error message on sessions which have barely anything happening.
    I have tried using the inbuilt sound card instead of my lynx auroras and it still happens.