1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Logic Error -120 "Directory Not Found"

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Archetype Music, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Archetype Music

Archetype Music New Member

Hi Everyone.

I've recently developed an issue with Logic. It won't delete audio files. I can record audio, bring loops into a session, edit, gain change do everything that you expect but if I try to delete the file I get a message stating:

Directory not found
    Result code= -120

After clicking "OK" on the message the file disappears from the session but it's still in the folder.

Any insight would be appreciated,

Mitch

Logic 9.1.7
    Mac 2.4Ghz 2 x Quad Intel
    OSX 10.6.8

Attached Files:

3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

First, check the permissions of Folders and files. Obviously when youm record an audiofile the permissions should allow you to both read/write, but to troubleshoot have a look at the folders in finder and see if for some reason the permissions are wrong.

4. Archetype Music

Hi Pete.

Thanks for the reply. I started digging around and found that it is project related. Some projects are fine and others have this issue.

In my investigating I discovered something about the way I have my computer set up. I have two profiles (one music, one Internet and junk). I found that audio files that were put onto my dedicated music drive (from the internet side) gave me trouble if I wanted to delete them from the music profile side. Some audio files have the music side read/write permissions only and other files have read/write from both profiles. This seems to cause issues. If I change the internet profile permissions to "read only" then I can delete the file on the music side.
    I should probably merge the two profiles and eliminate that issue all together.

5. Archetype Music

I seem to have narrowed down the problem. If I write audio files to the main OS hard drive I can delete them with no issue. If I write audio files to my dedicated internal Audio drive, I get the "no directory found" warning. I've tested writing files to other internal and external drives and they deleted fine.

Why won't my internal dedicate audio drive prevent Logic from creating a directory?:confused::confused:

6. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Have you checked permissions, and how that drive is formatted?

kind regards

Mark