Logic Pro 9 Logic Express 9 as Working studio DAW?

Hi, My Name is JP :waveywavey:

I have worked in many studios that has been using various DAW's to produce hit records over the years.

I am now setting up my own production studio mainly for tracking live drums as a service to producers, artists and songwriters.

My system includes a Macbook Pro 15" (Pre Unibody Model) running Mac OSX 10.7.5 / 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / 4GB 667 MHz DDR SDRAM

I have Logic Express 9 and I'm using the Focusrite Saffire LE interface and M-Audio Profire 2626 Interface for larger multi tracking.

:confused:My question is, with Logic Express 9, would I run into some limitations down the line with regards to tracking and mixing drums for clients who are outsourcing my services and then taking what I've tracked and working on a "more Pro" DAW, or would this DAW Express version suffice for what I'm am doing?

My service is merely to track drums, clean up tracks, add basic eq and compression and then send to the client for further production.

My other question/Concern is would I need to migrate my operation to a "Tower Mac" (i.e. Mac Pro type machine) or iMac at some stage or is a Macbook Pro type machine gonna work for handling audio production???

PS, I am new to Logic. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you:)

That is not a very powerful machine, but should work for your situation.

I had a slightly more powerful machine when I did my CD project, I had to bounce and freeze tracks to free up CPU, during the mixing process.

For best performance add an external firewire drive for projects, and if possible add more RAM.

So if you want track and mix larger productions I suggest a machine with at least a quad i7 CPU.

:cool:

Upvote 0
That is not a very powerful machine, but should work for your situation.

I had a slightly more powerful machine when I did my CD project, I had to bounce and freeze tracks to free up CPU, during the mixing process.

For best performance add an external firewire drive for projects, and if possible add more RAM.

So if you want track and mix larger productions I suggest a machine with at least a quad i7 CPU.

:cool:
Thank You very much for that feedback gdoubleyou

Much appreciated.

I will be looking at an upgrade on my machine in the near future.
I am also shopping for an external firewire HDD so thank you for the assistance.

Upvote 0
Back