1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Logic lost some files( instruments)

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Hardwired Flaws, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Hardwired Flaws

Hardwired Flaws New Member

Hello All,

I transfered my old iMAc to my new iMac ( 3.1 ghz 1 tb fusion HD)

USING LOGIC 9. Now when I open it i get error messages saying

exs instrument "seventies kit.exs missing.

it says that for a few instruments.

How do I fix this?

Thank you.
  3. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

Library/ Application support/ Logic/ Sampler Instruments is where they reside.

Check the older machine to see if it's present on the old machine, if it is transfer the file, and place in the correct location.

4. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

You can also redownload the content from within Logic now, which I would suggest if you have fast internet. You might have done the installs from Logic 8, in which case the current sample libraries use the newer .caf files, 1/2 the size, so they take 1/2 the room.

Also, if you are using OS 10.7 or higher, you will need to unhide your user library folder. I use a program called "Lion Tweaks" that allows you to customize a number of things with your OS. I'd highly suggest downloading it, (and if you like it paying something tio the developer).
  5. Hardwired Flaws

Hardwired Flaws New Member

Thank you for the help and reply.

I reloaded the content disks from logic and that fixed it.
  6. drbrad98

drbrad98 New Member

I've been having the same problem since transferring my Logic 9 from old iMac to new--I actually went to the extreme of deleting Logic from the machine and downloading a new version from the App Store. How do I download the content from within Logic?