1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic Midi Instrument Feedback/Noise/Crackle/Overload?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by americanslidol, Feb 19, 2015.

1. americanslidol

americanslidol New Member

Hi guys, I'm REALLY hoping somebody here can help me, as I've been all over trying to get this figured out. For starters, I'm using Mid-2012 15" Macbook Pro (non-retina)--2.3GHz I7. 16GB RAM-- OS 10.10. 500gb HDD. Record to LaCie 7200RPM USB 3.0 External and on Logic 10.1.

Kontakt, Massive, etc, were all working fine. Then, I went to open a new track with Kontakt and started getting this loud, rhythmic noise/crackle/etc. I tried a track with Massive, FM8, Reaktor--same result. I opened a brand new session, tried the same things--same noise. In fact, when I open these guys, they seem to almost overload, in a feedback-y kind of way. More like a hum.

Opened the same instruments in Pro Tools 11 and everything worked smoothly--no crackle/noise.

Any idea why this would happen out of nowhere? The only change I've made is that I set Logic up to send Midi Time Clock info from my interface (Roland Octacapture). I've turned that off, though. For what it's worth, my midi controller is a Novation LaunchKey 49.

I also noticed that the Logic arpeggiator failed to work after arpeggiating 2 notes (as soon as I turn it off, the Logic instrument will typically work fine). Although, after trying Massive again today and getting the same noise buildup, I switched to the built-in Logic el. piano and it became noisy as well. I'm pulling my hair out here, as everything was fine until I messed with Midi Time Clock.

I tried updating from OS 10.9 to 10.10 (Yosemite)--nothing.
    Any ideas on how to get rid of this noise situation?