Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 logic node requires separate licence?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by rainguitar, Jul 6, 2011.

1. rainguitar

rainguitar Member

I just exchanged chats with an apple sales person who told me that if I were to purchase a mac mini just to use it as a logic node machine, I would have to buy a separate logic license for that machine. This can't be true.

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

No, you definitely don't have to buy a second Logic license. Logic's "node" is a actually just a small app that you need to install on the "farm" computer.

The main limitations are:

No sampler instruments (UB or EXS 24)

Third party plug-ins do need to be installed on the farm computer.

4. rainguitar

rainguitar Member

Thanks Eli.

5. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

The other thing to make sure of is you run the same version. I haven't "noded" for a while, but memory serves that as you get Logic updates, the node software is updated as well. For example, I'm running Logic 9.1.4 and my Node version is 9.1.4.

6. Orren Merton

Orren Merton Logic Samurai / Administrator Staff Member

I would add to what Eli wrote:

While you don't need two Logic licenses, as Eli stated you will need to install any AU plug-ins on both machines. So there might be license issues with plug-ins (for example, if they are iLok protected plug-ins).

Orren

7. charliegamboa

charliegamboa New Member

it crashes!

Did it work for you? Node crashes on my macbook/macpro!

8. rainguitar

rainguitar Member

After I went to all the trouble of finding out which plug ins I could use with a node computer, I realized that only those which were not software instruments, in other words effects plug ins could be used on a node computer. Under those circumstances it wasn't all that useful to me so I didn't try it.

9. charliegamboa

charliegamboa New Member

Thank you. I may quit too.

10. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

If my memory is good, the Logic node only works in 32bit mode...

11. rainguitar

rainguitar Member

You may be right. I'm still running in 32 bit mode because I have an older iMac that's maxed out at 4 gigs of ram.