1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 7 & earlier Logic Pro 7.1 Academic doesn't work with the dongle

Discussion in 'Logic 7 and older Versions' started by Musicfreak, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Musicfreak

Musicfreak New Member

Hi folks.

(ADMIN EDIT: moved to new thread)

I bought me a Logic Pro 7.1 on ebay with dongle and stuff. I was able to install it on my G4 with a 10.3.7 system.
    Installation was successful.

When I try to start the program it says something like "If you want to try a demo-version before buying the full version please fill in the personal info (name&email) When I do so, it refuses because "this information is not available on the xskey..." I tried pulling out the xskey during the procedure then a pop-up says it needs an authorisation code...I filled in different numbers that I found on the Cd's or on the package of the xskey, but no nothing...Does anybody know what this means ?

I thought the dongle IS the licence and when you buy it together with the program it would work without any additional number(s). The problem is that I can hardly expect any support from Apple with such an old version, right ?
    Anyways- I would appreciate all kind of useful information concerning this topic. Thx

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Sorry to say, but this sounds as if the XSKey you bought does not actually have a full, valid logic 7 licence. I am not aware as to exactly what the situation is vis a vis Apple support for Logic 7, but my suggestion is to get in contact with them about this.

I can also only repeat my belief that buying used software is fraught with danger, it really is to be avoided.

kind regards

Mark

4. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I would contact the seller ASAP while you may still have a chance of claiming a refund, or of ebay helping out if there is a dispute.

5. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

I have a 30 day demo dongle that came with a book I bought for Logic 6 or 7 I can't remember. It has a 30 timed demo and then it would stop working.

Sounds like you might have one of these.