Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Logic Pro Application Support 4.0

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by kippermusic, Oct 30, 2013.

1. kippermusic

kippermusic New Member

I need to ry and get hold of this as my logic 8.02 will not start up without it. I cannot find it anywhere. PLease help.

3. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

I dont know a thing with the name "Logic Pro Application Support 4.0"

Do you get an error message saying that it is missing?
    If yes, please tell what it exactly says or post a screenshot.

4. kippermusic

kippermusic New Member

Just getting you a link

5. kippermusic

kippermusic New Member

6. Peter Ostry

Ah, that one. This is not a Logic specific thing, it is used by many applications. You should have got it via software update. And it used to be on the Apple website but it seems to got removed from there (did they have a reason? ...)

---

You may try the one from the link below at your own risk. So far I've read, some people could not install it on their system, others had problems with it. It may only be good for certain OSX and Logic sub-versions.

http://www.apple-software.net/apple-pro-application-support-v-4-0-2-for-mac-os-x/

If something goes wrong, it's not me. Blame Apple or the maker of the download website or yourself (for losing or not updating software and installing wrong parts).

7. kippermusic

kippermusic New Member

Thanks for quick answer however, I had tried that and it wont allow install to any of the drives. It seems it needs to be 4.0 even though they said "or newer"
    I fot close as well with Pro Applications Update 2008-05 but the last one I found in my receipts on my old system was 2008-03

8. Peter Ostry

Well, I am at the end of my wisdom, sorry.
    Maybe someone else can jump in and help here.

9. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Hmm, I'm not sure about this one either. Could you provide some system details? Also, (I realise that this may not be the answer you are looking for) do you have Logic Pro 9, which IMO was in just about every way better than Logic 8, but with pretty much the same workflow (unlike Logic Pro X).

I'll have a dig around and see if I have any Pro App Kits archived, but TBH I haven't gone near L8 since 2009.

Edit: just tried opening 8.0.2 on my Mac Pro running OS 10.7.5.

- it won't :eeek:

kind regards

Mark