1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic Pro Environment

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by fangout, Sep 20, 2013.

1. fangout

fangout New Member

Hey all
    I'm trying to program a personal environment using the chord memorizer and arpeggiator. What I'm having trouble with is switching between different chords. At the moment I'm using a cable switch to move between different chords which is working fine. But was wondering if there is an easier way to do this, something that is easier to navigate? I've tried using the Fader-Text port but once I've hooked up the signal flow of more than one chord it plays all and I have no sound coming out with the note on. Do I have to change the settings in the Fader-Text port or am I using the wrong port? If my signal flow is; Port 1- Input View - Input Notes - Fader - chord memorizer - Keyboard - Sequencer Input is that the right flow? (this seems to work with the cable switch port). I'm just after something that is tidy and easier to navigate when wanting to change between chords programed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Ben

3. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Hi,
    Keep it as it is and update it this way:
    1. Select the Cable switcher object and cahnge its range (0-127 default) to the number of the Chord Mem amount. Example: if you use 4 Chord.Mem object then set the switcher range 0-3.
    2. Change the Switcher status (the top one in the Inspector) from "Auto" to "as Text".
    3. Double click the Text/Switcher object to open the text dialog and type the Chord names accordingly. Check the box "Behave as Menu" and close the dialog.
    Done

Note: You can set the Input definition to some CC# to control the switcher via midi control messages externally or to create some small complex enviro to be able to control it via note Key Switchers etc.

Regards,
    A.G

4. fangout

fangout New Member

Thanks A.G
    Your help is much appreciated :)