Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Logic Pro Versions

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Stackatrack, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Stackatrack

Stackatrack New Member

I love my MacBook Pro with Logic Studio 2 and 10.5.8.....HOWEVER....:brkwl:
    I'd really like to have a version of Logic Pro that will run on my ancient G4 with
    a Gigadesigns accellerator....Why you ask ???
    I have this TDM Pro Tools system 6.4.1 on this G4 running 10.3.9....Very stable and I can do all my recording & editing in this environment.
    If I had a Logic Pro version for this environment, I could hook up the Yamaha Motif XS with the firewire Mlan and have 16 outputs into Logic PRo...On that G4...That way I wouldn't need to use the laptop.....I can make it all work with the laptop but it is a royal P.I.T.A.:angryfire:
    Apple support had no information to offer on legacy products...of course...their answer was why not buy a new QuadCore Desktop...loaded up ???...sure ....if I could win the lottery I would !
    stackatrack@cfl.rr.com

3. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson Senior member

Have you tried L9 on your G4? What speed is it? how much RAM? L8 runs fine on my G4 iBook, 1.3GHz, 768MB RAM.

4. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

A version of Logic that would work would be V6 or maybe V7. So, do you have a Logic Key? If not, it won't work. You must have one to use any version of Logic before 8.

If you have a Logic key, you most likely have a V7 installer disc. If so, you can download a Logic 7.2.3 here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL326

BTW that actually is the apple web site, and they do offer the last updates for V7.0 up

good luck...

George