1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Logic Pro X 10.2.1 gone berserk

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by madelefant, Feb 1, 2016.

1. madelefant

madelefant Senior member

During recording a song I just had logic go haywire about as bad as i've ever seen it. It suddenly decided that recording mode was "eraser recording." I've never even heard of eraser recording. I couldn't find anyway to turn it off. The record mode as I could find it to be was simply record IE not record and repeat or toggle record or any of that. On top of that it wouldn't record any midi and on instrument tracks in the arrange window there was no record button.

This may have occurred in trying to fix this, but I had set an instrument track (which was created in the arrange before any of this happened) to EXS. So I went into the arrange window and tried to fix it through the library. I couldn't find EXS in the library. On top of that, even after setting it to a midi track of any kind, trying to insert a midi region in the arrange window with the pencil tool inserted a drummer track audio wave (I mean even if I changed it to synth of one type or another). On top of that, I had some midi input routing to specific channels in the mixer environment. These were reset and jumbled.

Eventually I searched on a drum instrument I knew to be from the EXS library and i found it under garage band instruments. WTF? Is EXS now part of garage band? This is nuts. I had to do a bunch of undoing way back in the undo list and save various points to fix this mess.

Mike