Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Logic Pro X 10.2.2 Released

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Markdvc, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

3. GP_Hawk

GP_Hawk New Member

:beer:
    Thx for the heads up

4. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

A quick head's-up:
    After installing 10.2.2 I checked the Sound Library Manager and there were a few "incomplete" listings. All small downloads.
    Worth checking....

5. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

I noticed this as well.

6. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

I fired up 10.2.2, and it immediately asked me if I wanted to map the controllers on my Arturia Keylab 61. I said yes, but as far as I can tell, nothing on the Keylab controlled anything in Logic. This is odd because earlier, at least the transport button on the Keylab worked. Can anyone suggest how I follow this up, figure out what the startup message was actually offering, and whether there is a simple way to map the controllers?

7. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Here's Eli's tutorial:

You may have to go into the Controller Assignments to set up transport functions.

My Korg Nano Kontrol (classic) transport functions consistently work. The knob assignments to Smart Controls needed some adjustments. It's definitely not a set-and-forget situation at this time.

Attached Files:

8. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

OK, thanks. I was impressed by the fact that Logic even asked the question. I'll watch the tutorial and see how far I can get.

9. rlimeres

rlimeres New Member

already problems after updating,can't hear any output on a record enabled track using Apogee Ensemble(firewire),I'm running Yosemite.

10. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

CSeye,

I watched Eli's video, and had a look at the screens he displays. My Keylab 61 is there, and if I open the assignments window, touching some controls on the Keylab takes me to the controller in question. A number of them are already assigned, including the transport and a number of other parameters (e.g., Cutoff on the Keylab is assigned to Amp Attack in Logic). The knob assignments do work, but the transport controls, despite being assigned do not. Also, touching the transport buttons on the Keylab does not take the Assignments window to the controller touched, as it does when a knob or fader is moved.

Not clear how to assign the transport controls when 1) they are already assigned, and 2) the Assignments window cannot see them being moved. What did you do to get the Korg stuff to work?

11. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

I installed the most current available driver and editor, and Logic recognized it.
    Now, for whatever reason, it's not working. The Korg Editor indicates it's not connected, yet it's recognized by the OSX AMS, and Logic Environment Physical Input.

The Akai MPK Mini seems to work a little better. The section on "Automatic assignment for USB MIDI Controllers" in the Help>Controller Support pdf mentions automatic assignment, which, aside from transport controls, I don't find very helpful. The assignment of controller knobs to Smart Control knobs is not a one-to-one linear correspodence, with some being passed over.

The pdf does mention Arturia: I"mportant: Some USB MIDI controllers, such as those from Arturia, use MIDI Machine Control (MMC) commands for Transport button functions. If using a device of this type, enable the Listen to MMC checkbox in the File > Project Settings > Synchronization > MIDI pane."

12. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

Thanks for that. Maybe explains why I couldn't get the transport working consistently with other applications.