1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Logic Pro X = beach ball of doom. What to check?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by grinningallday, Dec 11, 2015.

1. grinningallday

grinningallday New Member

Hello - hope you're well,

Logic is now hanging after almost any click or command. Getting ye ol' beach ball for about 20 seconds after each action. Pretty much stopping work on any projects. I've checked the space on my system drive (47 gigs free on 120 gig drive), the recording drive is separate and has plenty of space (600 Gigs free out of 1 Tera) , the library drive, also separate, is pretty full (3 Gigs free out of 500). Could the library drive be the culprit?

What are some of the other common areas of the system I should investigate?

thanks for any help.
    Jonathan

3. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

At first, check your startup disk with Disk Utility: "Verify Disk"
    Do you get bad error messages?

4. grinningallday

grinningallday New Member

Hi - thanks. Update since last post:

1) Booted system with startup disk and verified disk. Repaired a few permissions. Verified again and all checked out.
    2) Freed 30 Gigs of space on Library Disk (separate drive, spinning).

Still getting the same slowness. Possible Logic preferences issue?

5. threeheavens

threeheavens New Member

Same thing happens to me on safari, so I reset it about once or twice a week.
    If problem persists...I'll do the tech recommended shut computer down unplug everything including power cable, wait a minute. Then turn it on and then plug everything back in.
    I don't know how many times I've called apple and this has been there answer for various problems. The last time I told them I already did it but low and behold 2 more turn it off and on again did it.
    good luck as that's an irritating problem

6. michaelo

michaelo LUG Emeritus

This is sometimes indicative of a problem with the system drive itself. I just replaced the system drive on an iMac that was doing the constant slow beachball. Eventually it stopped booting as well. HTH