1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic Pro X has detected a MIDI timeout...

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by markbart, Jul 26, 2013.

1. markbart

markbart New Member

Has anyone seen this message? I have gotten several times, with different session files. Its very frustrating because the session file becomes unusable then. Logic becomes very sluggish, won't play timeline, and I usually have to force quit the app. In addition, I've lost all changes I've made because reopening the same session file has the same results.

Attached Files:

3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

I haven't seen that.

At the risk of stating the obvious, do you have drivers that should be updated?
  4. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Any details would really help as well: system, computer, how many AU instruments are you running, midi keyboards...

I see this under a few conditions: system overloads (too many AU instruments playing at once), midi feedback (you might have created a loop in the environment by accident while cabling something)... the midi thing is often EXACTLY the cause.
  5. Fabulowsky

Fabulowsky Member

At the risk of stating the obvious, you might have 32 bits midi or audio/midi drivers that don't perform well in 64 bit with ML ?