Logic Pro (X) Logic Pro X is now out!!

daveyboy

Logician
I'm downloading as I type. Logic now comes with pitch correction, midi fx, a "live drummer" and many more new enhancements. You must be running OSX.8.4. I'm assuming it won't overwrite my L9 app but cloned by drive just in case.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-16 at 6.50.35 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-07-16 at 6.50.35 AM.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 221
No upgrade price.

You're not wrong...but I'm going to take issue with that anyway. ;)

In the old days, Logic was $499 (or more!) and you had a $199 upgrade. Since the Mac App Store doesn't really allow "upgrade pricing" easily, what Apple has done-rightly so, IMO-is they in effect give everyone the "upgrade" price.

So I'd agree that there is no upgrade anymore...but I think we all, in effect, are paying the "upgrade price."

Pretty cool, eh? :thmbup:

Orren

I Agree :)

Upvote 0
Hi every one,

Excited to see new Logic X pro. One silly question. Before i down load the app do i need to uninstall the L9. Only few mbs of down load for such a power full DAW with all plugins? Would down loading Logic X app use any contents of the L9? What about the audio contents of the EXS24 sampler?

moniz

You don't need to uninstall LP9 before and even if you did and you want to go back on LP9 you will still have the dowload option for LP9 on appstore. :)

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any method for changing the backgrounds to the mixer and arrange. When I open my old Autoload (which has white backgrounds - far less contrast to the eyes) in X it defaults to black headache-inducing backgrounds. Can't find a way of changing this yet - mind you, I've only been using it for an hour......

Yeah, this is really annoying. It's so Darth-Vaderish. The more customizable the better! I've been with Logic back since the Notator Days. I sent them feedback about this. Perhaps this next update will give us back the option to change the background.

Antaren

Upvote 0
I have spent some days now with Logic X and although it's quite buggy I will have to say that this is IMHO the best update I can remember and I started with the 2.5 version 15 years ago!
I simply didn't didn't see it coming and was one of those who said "why bring out an update, the program is perfect as it is". The midi plugins and the flex pitch are brilliant and with projects getting larger all the time the track stack is just what the doctor ordered.
Of course the bugs need to be fixed and that is always a problem but the opportunities within the program are so vast that the problem will be to ever finish anything because there is always a few things that could be tried out :)

Upvote 0
BTW I too find Logic dark but after a few days it's certainly getting better. I made a new display profile on my machine that is slightly lighter and that kind of solved it.
I can actually see why they may want to have a look that you can't mess with. They probably want Logic to be instantly recognisable and with the grey background Logic and PT looked very similar.
It's still annoying but understandable.

Upvote 0
BTW I too find Logic dark but after a few days it's certainly getting better. I made a new display profile on my machine that is slightly lighter and that kind of solved it.
I can actually see why they may want to have a look that you can't mess with. They probably want Logic to be instantly recognisable and with the grey background Logic and PT looked very similar.
It's still annoying but understandable.

Hi HKC: How do you make and (i imagine) save a new display profile?

Thanks!
Antaren

Upvote 0
I'm not at my Mac right now but I believe it's "System Preferences to Display and then to the second window (not the one it opens in, the other one) in there where you choose Calibrate". You can do it with Logic open and set it up as you like. You can choose the advanced setup as well if you want. It's very well explained what to do.
I chose only to lighten it up lightly so I can use the same profile all the time. That makes sense because otherwise some of your 3rdware stuff may be too bright.

Upvote 0
I'm not at my Mac right now but I believe it's "System Preferences to Display and then to the second window (not the one it opens in, the other one) in there where you choose Calibrate". You can do it with Logic open and set it up as you like. You can choose the advanced setup as well if you want. It's very well explained what to do.
I chose only to lighten it up lightly so I can use the same profile all the time. That makes sense because otherwise some of your 3rdware stuff may be too bright.

Will check this out, HKC. Thanks!
Karen (Antaren)

Upvote 0
Back